Monday, December 13, 2010

Toddler smiles are the best thing ever

OK so I'm doing this long awaited blog post to enter a contest. More specifically I am participating in the Invisalign Teen Bright Smiles Holiday Photo Contest with Dumb Mom.” 

BUT that's not all I also have fun stories to tell of silly toddler.
Yes that's a bunny balaclava

Obviously we adults abhor the leaves in our yard. I mean, really, who wants to deal with that nonsense? My daughter, however would like you to believe that a pile of leaves is the best thing in the whole wide world. In fact as I've been bagging them she gets mad at me and tells me 'no put in bag!' and 'why take leaf pile away?' Too cute.


And fast forward another week after the leaf madness begun. OK maybe a few weeks. Fine. Fine. I'll admit it I've only gotten around to filling like 7 bags and I'm not close to done still. My excuse of waiting until all the leaves were down went away with the tornadoes but I still find ways to put it off. Really? How many of me do YOU see?

For the purposes of the blog the leaves are done and we're fast forwarding to December 8th-ish.

But I digress.

So it's a convoluted story of how we got there but one Wednesday morning we finally took Alex to see Santa. She doesn't know much about the rotund and jolly elf but off we went. There was much preparation as last year didn't go so well and Alex is generally incredibly shy.

OK shy may not be the right word. What's stronger then shy? Whatever it is she takes awhile to warm up to people.

Anyway, she not only walked up to Santa. She sat on his lap and talked to him. To tell him that she wants dragons for Christmas. Me thinks she's been read 'Puff' one too many times. The smile you see in the pictures is her 'mommy is telling me to smile' smile. Silly child.

Now how the heck is she going to get dragons for Christmas?


Merry 3 in one post to everyone. Hopefully more to come soon.

2 comments:

  1. She's soooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! I'm totally gonna take T to visit Santa this year. Totally. And leaf piles? Well. . . they're just AWESOME! I agree with Lix - Don't throw them away! It's FREE OUTSIDE FUN! It doesn't get much better than that!

    Good luck on your contest! Alex's smiles are certainly prizeworthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah T will love Santa I think and he gives out coloring books. Does it get any better then that?

    Thanks I think her smiles are prize worthy too :) But we could be partial

    ReplyDelete