Saturday, March 26, 2011

March 2nd aka Dr Suess day

Well we're big fans of Dr Seuss around here. Even if I wish I could rhyme this post like one of his books, I know I can't. Alex's current favorite is 'There's a Wocket in my pocket' although her favorite Seuss book, or book, or anything really, is prone to change daily.

So to celebrate the day that would have been his birthday... OK maybe we just like to have excuses to do weird things....anyway...we had green eggs and ham for dinner and a couple days later colored some Dr Seuss magnets.

After all why not celebrate the man who started as a political cartoonist, was dared to make childrens books and went forth to make some of the most difficult to read out loud books ever?*

Exactly I can't think of a reason. So here's to you Mr Geisel. May our childrens children get their tongues all twisted around your words.

*yes it's an over simplification, deal with it 





No comments:

Post a Comment