Monday, September 6, 2010

Window marker love

Jason discovered window markers at work early in the summer. We then found them at Walmart far cheaper then what they sell for at the grocery store. I hate Walmart but I like cheap so I gave in and gave Walmart my money.

There was a bit of a learning curve for Alex. She got grounded from the markers a few times for drawing on walls and stuff before she got the idea that they're only for glass. Lucky for all of us, they wipe off super easy.

Anyway, Alex loves arts and crafts and drawing in general. These markers are a HUGE hit. Granted she often asks for us to draw silly things like smiles and birds and dogs but far more often she makes her own window creations.

Whether its too hot or rainy to go outside or if we're just having a bad day these markers are a bright spot. On the occasion that we just need something different to do Alex just gets the markers and we open the main door and she has at the window. It always makes her happy which in turn brightens my day. The only downside is that when I sit down to play with her she thinks she needs to sit down which means she can't reach the window. It's all very silly.

I like to think of these as another step towards her being a little creative genius. Well obviously she's a genius anyway but this is another form of genius. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment