Friday, August 6, 2010

Swelling with pride and joy

Don't worry I'll get off of my hind quarters soon and do a bunch of July posts. But this had to be bragged about.

1-Wednesday night Alex asked to use the potty while I was going potty. And you know what? It was successful! Maybe we'll get rid of diapers soon after all.

2-We've been working with Alex on 'please' and 'thank you' and on occasion she'll remember please without provocation. But last night she said thank you without provocation when I handed her a banana. I was so proud.

3-Months and months ago, though Jason doesn't remember, Alex would apparently say 'I love you' to him or Mrs Jesi. I was not remotely secretive about my jealousy at that time that I didn't get to hear it. Or maybe I did hear it, I had been told, but didn't understand as it was a series of sounds that kind of sounded like the phrase. Well last night as I was putting her into bed and saying all of the bedtime things she said it. She said "Love you Mommy" !!!! And this morning she said it again, then expressed her love to daddy and the dog.

Yep, being a mom you find joy in what most take for granted. And it's fantastic. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hearing your little one say those words will never get old. Even when she starts doing it because she's been naughty and she knows it'll melt your heart (and possibly spare her a spanking) Congrats on reaching what I think is the best milestone to date - AND on the pottying! Rock on, Lixy!

    ReplyDelete