Friday, July 16, 2010

Ahhh Mother Nature




Double Rock park is quickly becoming one of our favorite family spots. We have been going there pretty much whenever we can, as long as the weather isn't too bad.



I mean the place is gorgeous. We like to travel down to the water and go up and down stream. It's always pretty darn interesting getting Alex down to the water because the hill to get down there is just too steep for her to go up or down on her own. So she gets carried. I'm sure that before we're ready for it she'll be able to go down and back up without our help but for now it's kind of interesting keeping all of us safe. Once we're to the water itself much fun is had.



This trip was the first that found Alex going into the water herself. We had to keep her from the deeper bits, which would have been to her thighs, maybe waist. I'm not sure but it seemed like a bad idea. Before and after the stream we walked through the woods a bit with the mini one. We'll make a crunchy nature lover out of her yet. :) Shouldn't be too hard since she LOVES the great outdoors so very much!



Before and after the nature stuff we played on the playground. It really is the playground of sheer awesome. Complete with slides and steps and boingy things. Yeah i have no idea what they're called but Alex sort of, kind of, mostly liked them. Well there was a lot of getting on then off of them at least.



Most importantly there weren't any big kids around, it being the middle of a school day and all, so Alex got to try the super big slide. Now I'm pretty laid back with this parenting thing... except when I'm not. But this giant slide scared me. But that's me. I hate heights. I hate the feeling of falling. Adrenaline junky I will never be called. My daughter....she has no such inhibitions. She gets this from her dad. He knows all about this living life and getting the adrenaline going thing. So they loved the slide. And I took pictures at the bottom figuring the the impending ER visit would find us in need of evidence that we didn't abuse our daughter. No such evidence was needed. She loved it and kept going back for more. My worry lessening with every trip and her joy never dwindling for a moment.



And that's what I always want to see from her. Joy that is never ending. I mean she's a kid it's her job to have as much fun every waking moment as she can. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end and before we knew it we'd been at the park for almost 2 hours. We were hot and tired. So home we went in search of the awesomeness that is popsicles. After all the park will be there next time.

2 comments:

  1. DRP is t3h greatest! I've been going there since I was a teeny tot with my own Daddy, and am loving passing the experiences onto my little miss. Alex looks like she's having a wonderful time - and how could you not under that gorgeous green canopy. Thank God for creating such beauty for us! And yeah. . .I remember having near heart-failure when T first decided (at around the same age as Alex) that she was ready for that giant blue slide. SHE was ready. . . I, however, still am not. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually went down the slide once to test it out. It did nothing to calm my fear. But I also hate hate hate the feeling of falling. So much so that I don't swing high on swings.

    ReplyDelete