Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Best laid crafts of toddlers and mommies


So I found this awesome craft at Joanne's or Michael's or wherever. It looked like fun and regardless of what the packaging said looked pretty darned toddler friendly. I figured it would be pretty hands on for mommy but I don't mind that. What I didn't know was that the awesome Christmasy/wintery craft wouldn't actually go together in the way in which I was led to believe it would.

Supposedly you can put together one of these things with normal white glue. Nope. Not going to happen. And trust me Alex and I tried. A lot. They truthfully require a glue gun. So I borrowed one. And the end result isn't pretty. Then the cat attacked it.

Anyway. Despite how it turned out Alex and I had great fun with the snowmen and ultimately made Jason mad with Alex's insistence that things become 'sparkly'. For the record she isn't naked in the pics. She just doesn't have on pants thereby making potty time easier.

Oh yeah. Did I mention my kid child is a potty superstar? Really she took to it like a lion to a zebra. Think about it it's wrong and funny.

Moving on.

We started the craft and didn't get too far then Alex discovered the glitter. Well it all went downhill from there. Glitter ended up everywhere. On the floor (in a pile) on her, on me, on daddy. I think even the animals got sparkly.

So at the end of it we've ended up with 1 1/2 snowmen that aren't really anything like the picture and have been viscously attacked by the cat. I would be upset but we had so much fun doing it that it just doesn't matter.

Besides we always have these snowmen to look at. And they even sing.

1 comment:

  1. haha, and thanks for the handed-me-down glitter from this set (or what was LEFT of it, anyway), she did a great job adding it to her star ornaments the other day! The fun is in the crafting - even when the project utterly fails, and if it makes you feel any better, boxed projects are seldom all they're cracked up to be.

    ReplyDelete