Sunday, December 19, 2010

Stupid Leaves





As I alluded to earlier, we have a lot of leaves in our yard. We still have quite  few that I've lost all interest in getting rid of, lawn be damned in the spring. I'm done with them.

OK I want a lawn and stuff but it's gotten too cold outside for me to care about leaves. Thoughts have turned to hot chocolate and snow shovels. But in the meantime Alex still thinks of leaves and leaf piles. She longs to go outside and play with the once green and luscious tree bits.

But alas it's just been too cold to be outside for longer then ten minutes at a time. So we've been doing insidey things and going out for only brief stints that sadly don't or almost doesn't involve leaves.

Just the other day she came to the basement with me to 'help' with laundry. She then proclaimed that the dirty laundry pile on the floor was a leaf pile and she wanted to be buried in it. Obviously I objected but it was really stinking cute. She would also have you believe that random blankets, once thrown on the floor, are leaf piles. So adorable and what a great imagination.

She really does love playing in, kicking and tossing the leaves. She'll even grab her little plastic rake to *cough* help *cough* reshape the pile. But after a long hard day of playing in and piling leaves it always comes back to playing on the slide with Violet.

1 comment:

  1. MY LOVES LEAVES!

    And don't worry. We have made and remade and re-remade a leaf pile in my backyard that is deeper and wider than T or A are tall. So she's getting P L E N T Y of leaf time at my house. For sure.

    ReplyDelete