Monday, December 13, 2010

The Festival of Trees

So once a year, around Thanksgiving, there's a thing at Timonium Fairgrounds called 'the Festival of Trees'. It's a fun family thing  and a thing to help the Kennedy Kreiger Institute. Well I'd never been and we'd had a pretty rough couple of weeks so Alex and I needed something fun. We played hooky from church and went to the fairgrounds.

Man I had no idea how many people would be there. Despite my lack of love for crowds it was fantastic fun. We got to look at all sorts of trees and Alex got to try fudge for the first time.

But the real treat was when we finally made it back to the kids fun area. We didn't do face paint because I thought that may yet be too much for Alex and we didn't venture to any carnival type games.

No instead we found a turtle to pet. Which Alex loved.


And a horse to ride. Now a very nice gentleman took these for us and while he was taking pictures the camera battery died. Stupid technology. So what you may not be able to see very well is that Alex LOVED the pony ride. I mean LOVED it. Best thing ever.
yeah she loved it and probably could have gone herself but I'm a paranoid mama and had to walk along with her assuring her lack of death from falling off of a pony. 


So how do you follow up a real horse ride? Well we played in the bounce house thingies (not pictured because the pictures didn't turn out so well). She actually got to go into the bouncy thing twice. The second time I literally had to pull her out to convince her we needed to go eat. She also got to go on her first carousel ride, which she liked enough to want to ride again.


And a silly little train ride.


And by the end of it we were tired and hungry and cranky from being tired and hungry. I think as soon as lunch was finished we both passed out. I'm pretty sure.


Sorry pictures after the horse were taken with my phone so they aren't the greatest. But we had a fantastic time. this might have to be  Holiday tradition.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! And aside from penguins, I think turtles might be her favorite animal! And I would have walked along side of the horse, too - and T is a year older! Too bad we missed it (again) maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah she loves the turtles. In fact after bath when I put her towel on her she insists that she IS a turtle and gets very upset when she has to get dressed and therefore stop being a turtle. lol

    And I'm glad you would have walked along with T too. That makes me feel less insane

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you ever get her away from there?? She looks so happy on all those rides - guess she is at that age to start enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was quite the fight getting her to leave. First time she's tantrumed leaving a place.

    ReplyDelete