Monday, December 20, 2010

Forts are the most awesome thing ever


So the day before Thanksgiving was special (yeah I'm all out of order but whatever). Jason and I both had to work so Alex got to hang out with Grammy. That morning Alex got up a little early and we had breakfast and played and all the normal stuff but then the idea of a fort came up.

We make forts periodically. Granted none of my forts are ever very structurally sound but they do the job and we always have fun. Somehow it popped into my mind that with the rearranging that recently took place I could make the entire tv room a fort and Alex would have great fun.

So she and I gathered blankets. Strategically placed chairs and ottomans. And made a room of fort fun. Clearly a fort of this size needed a lantern because the overhead light just wouldn't do. We had tons of fun until I had to leave for work.

Apparently the fort stayed up most of the day and continued to be way too much fun. It's so fun to see the simple things be the greatest things.

1 comment:

  1. Dude. Love forts. We've done the whole living room in fort on many occasions over here! I find the fastest down-and-dirty (yet easy to clean)way to fort is to hang sheets from the dining room table (or tablecloths. Those are nice - IF you don't own toddlers/preschoolers)BECAUSE it's an area of floor that you wouldn't be walking in, anyway!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete